Sunday, August 12, 2007

Saturday night Bowling

Saturday night is a perfect time to go out with friends or the loved one to do a fun-filled activities outside.. Be it eating outside at a nice place, or watching movies in the cinema. Be it playing badminton, do some jog around, or just window-shopping. Or even just enjoy watching TV. Friends always make your day colorful. And btw, I prefer eating at a cheap place together with close friends compared to eating at a luxurious french restaurant alone. For most of us, that's not a very difficult choice to make, isn't it?

If you have tried all the nice dining places in Singapore or you have watched all the movies (from Rush Hour 3 to our local film 881), why not try bowling? Let me list the positive points.

1. It's fun. Although I do see some nerd playing bowling alone (duh..), but usually we play bowling with friends. Fun isn't it?

2. It's not very expensive. If you bring your own drink and snack, you won't need to spend more than $20 per person for a few games of bowling. That's inclusive of shoes-rental.

3. It burns some calories. OK, It won't burn calories as fast as badminton or basketball, otherwise the bowling place will be full of sweating people around, and that's just awful.
BUT, My point is, It will burn some calories, at least more than what you will burn during a movie session.

4. It will train your muscle (I think..). While waiting for your turn, why not using the bowling balls to train some muscles. You don't need to go to gym for that. Disclaimer : I don't know how to use bowling balls to train musle, ask the expert. Don't blame me if you get some injuries.

5. If you are lucky, you can meet hot girls or guys there. Who knows you can ask that person out. And if that happens, you at least have already known 1 of his/her hobbies, do I need to say it?


Last Saturday, we went to a bowling house at Bukit Batok area. It's called home NS or something like that (I guess it's a club for NS people, like SAFRA). The place is quite nice, although we have to wait like 2 hours before our chance to bowl. You will need to book 1 day in advance to avoid 2 hours of waiting. Last Saturday, we didn't book, so I have to use some strategy to talk to that two-centimeter-thick-makeup service lady. I wish she had her monthly period last Saturday, otherwise, I pity her boyfriend for having such a fierce girlfriend like her, for life. I just can't imagine that.

But at the end, we had fun together. It's my 2nd times playing bowling for my entire life (poor me.). Out of 4 people, I get the 2nd position in the first game, 3rd position in the second game, and finally!! I make to the first position in the last game after doing 2 strikes. I got 103 points in the last game (1o chances). Not bad right? :)

Will improve my bowling skill in the future.. Anyone who want to play bowling in the future, do let me know.. :)

1 comment:

Theresia said...

The place is called NS home. try the laser game (forgot the name), it's fun, but quite ex. $3 per person for 10 minutes if i am not mistaken, but worth to try if you have a big group (i.e. 10 ppl so u can form two teams).