Friday, August 17, 2007

The Reasons I am not Running for Big Position at School

Am I afraid of losing? No. Not at all. I believe that the biggest loser is the one who never tried. I experience winning and losing, and each one of them makes me just stronger.

Am I afraid to get busy? If you think like that, you definitely don't know me enough. I am a type of person who don't mind sleeping only 3 hours a day to do the best for something I am passionate about.

Am I afraid of people hate me? Especially after I decided to quit one commitee last week? Maybe. But the fact is, you can't please everybody. Even if 49.9% of American hate you, you can still stand a chance to be the next Bush.

So what keeps me from contesting for big position at school? I am not so sure to be precise. For the time being, let me put it this way. This is my final year at school, and I want to concentrate on study. I am studying very hard to get good honours and by all means I will get that.

Beside that, I want to relax a bit. Spending time with my friends. Doing more exercise. Going to church and church camp more often. Reflex more on life. Calling my family members more often. Trying new sports (be it Thai Boxing or Judo or Yoga). Maybe learning to do a bit of dance. Do a bit of volunteering work. etc etc. And not forgetting, Doing everything I can do to make sure that I get an A for my Final Year Project.

The point is, I will NOT run for any big position in school. Although some people trying to recruit me for that (thanks for giving me that much of trust. I am definitely touched), but sorry, I have decided not to run for any big position this year. Maybe I will change my mind if you are persistent enough, but the chance is quite slim. Don't get me wrong. I am not tired of it. I enjoyed that sooo much and It has been part of my life and my healthy diet (commitee makes you slim by keeping you busy :P)

Anyway, for all freshmen, do join some commitee. Do join some activities you like and not something that will get you handsome ECA points or such. In the future, You will regret to join something that you are not really passionate about.

Sigh, I sound like a very old man try to give advice to his grandson -_-"

No comments: