Sunday, November 23, 2008

Irony of Love

My friend wrote in her blog.

"... in every relationship, it’s never 50-50 between each partner. It’s always 70-30 or 60-40. There’s always someone who loves the other more. Whoever ends up with more percentage is busting their butt off, making tremendous sacrifices to make the other person happy."

How true is that?


We make sacrifices everyday for a complete asshole, without realizing there are some persons who secretly wish to be our numero uno.



Research shows... the most attractive persons are not singles, quite the opposite. They are married persons, especially married women with super rich and handsome and successful husbands. WHY?
Why the most attractive "gay" hearttrhobs are straight male actors who are married with two children, and the most attractive males according to women are in fact gays? WHY?

Because it's always challenging to try to get something we can't get.

For me, I know that something is impossible to attain... but I still do it... just for the fun of it. Seriously.


For the first 22 years of my life, I have been in love several times. I must say, there is nothing similar among my crushes except for one thing.... which is...

"They are the ones who broke so many guys' hearts... in one way or another. "



And that makes me thrilled. Very very thrilled. I love the challenge.


Like what JFK said..

I do things not because they're easy, but because they're HAARRRRDD.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the sparks going by choosing emotionally unavailable girls. Try that one!

Theresia said...

I do not quite agree with you on sacrificial part

In my opinion, love is about giving and no matter how much you sacrifice, you wouldn't mind about it.

Ben said...

@Tika
Yup, that would be quite a challenge :)

@Theresia
Yes, for the idealistic part of it. But now sadly people turn to be more realistic.

Is it better or worse? We can't decide, but that does happen.