Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Would you shave your head botak for charity?

If you asked me last month, my answer would be "Are you crazy?"

However, I tell you, I am now officially botak (bald).

The story begins when my friends and I were discussing about charity stuffs. We said people are not creative. They raise money for charity by bringing cans around and asking people to give some coins. Nothing wrong with that, that's simple and effective. I myself like to donate coins to them (a few coins won't make me poor.)

Then one of my friend shouted "Ben, if you shave your head botak, I will donate $100 for charity."

Then I answered jokingly at first "come on, my hair worth more than $100."

My friend thought I was joking (In fact, I was). He said "OK, $200".

I told him "$400?".

He laughed at me and said "I know you are joking man. OK then!"

Then I told him "Hmm.. currently I am joking, but who knows, a few days later I change my mind. Please have your $400 ready."

I think he forgot that statement already until I called him today.

"Hey, in 5 minutes time, I will send my photo by E-mail. I am botak now. Please donate $400 to charity of your choice and show me the receipt."

He answered in disbelief "What?? You are joking right? I don't believe you really shave your hair botak."

I told him "I am dead serious. Please check your E-mail in 5 minutes. I know you are a man of your words. If I can give you suggestion, please donate the money to charity body that takes care of underprivileged children. Thank you very much. God bless you"

Ouch.. he is now 400 dollars poorer (don't worry, he is quite rich, so losing $400 won't make him jump from level 6.)

Am I a bit too extreme? I don't know. However, doing something for good cause really makes me feel happy...

Hmm.. whoever you are, if you want me to post my photo here, please donate $800 for charity and show me the receipt. I am a man of my words :)

No comments: