Sunday, October 21, 2007

My post is number 1 @ ping.sg!! I am BLOODY CURIOUS!


83 times for a big non-sense post? That’s a pretty impressive number.

Btw, In case you can't read small letters, I help you to read it. My last post titled "Can you live in Singapore with $1.10?" is number 1 in the most popular posts list.

The reasons are the same as what I said last time..
1. It’s got nothing to do with sex, money, BGR, or people’s stupidity
2. I posted it at 4 in the morning. Assuming you all are not owls, you would have been sleeping by that time.

Actually what makes you decide to read something in other people’s blogs? I am just curious.

For me, these are post titles I definitely won’t bother to click.
1. Politics, unless something very interesting like “Bush is Gay.” That’s why, everytime I read the word “Myanmar”, I will move on to the next article. Not because I am indifferent or what, I just don’t think I can help them by reading another news about it.
2. How to make money using internet or something like that.
3. What did I buy yesterday... or what did I eat yesterday. Please, unless you are Paris Hilton, people won’t care what you eat or buy.
4. Anything about blogging accomplishment like “My post is number 1 at ping.sg!!” which means, if this post is written by other people, I won’t bother to read. Selfish right?

Every time I read news, or E-mails, advertisement or any written materials, I only allow 5 seconds to decide whether that writing is worth my time (which is, by the way, quite expensive.). So if in that first 5 seconds, I find no reason to continue reading, that’s it.

That’s why, the art of advertising is very important. People don’t have time to read long stuffs. They are busy, and don’t expect them to read nonsense. Give a hook so people will allow another 5 seconds to continue reading. And then another 1 minute, and another 5 minutes. In fact, I don’t think you need 5 minutes to decide whether something is non-sense or not.

I think this post is also non-sense. You will find it pretty soon, so if you are still reading until now, I am wondering whether you are exceptionally free, or you are extremely interested with linguistics :)

2 comments:

Hendri said...

Geez, I've just wasted 1 minute of my life reading this entry. You're right, it's nonsense!

Haha, just kidding Ben. :P

Anyway, congrats on being No. 1.

DK said...

Actually, it is related to money. I would also wanna know how to live in SG with $1.10.

If you got the answer, I don't mind spending my time reading it. :D