Thursday, October 11, 2007

Do you want some slimming products? *feeling insulted*

One saleswoman at Guardian shop gets my vote to be the most straightforward salesperson I have ever encountered. For most of the time, I like straightforward people. They value my time, and theirs as well. But. Of course, situation will play a crucial role...

Today I just browsed through Guardian shop, looking for some vitamins or such, coz I only left with around 5 tablets in my vitamin bottle. Thinking of comparing prices, looking for maybe new product which is better than my current multivitamin.

Then in the middle of browsing through, a 30-year-old lady approached me.. "Ni zhao shenme?" (or in English, what are you looking for?)..

Then I replied "Bu yong ah.. Wo kan kan yi xiar" or something like that, excuse my Hanyu Pinyin. Usually, that sentence will chase salespeople away.. at least for a moment. I never think my Mandarin is perfect, 1000 miles from that. But at least I think I pronounce that clearly, coz I have been using that sentence for more than 20 times.

However.. that saleslady is super thick skin. She kept talking, in Mandarin. Of course I didn't understand much, and I didn't care to understand either. I appreciate your willingness to help me, but at that point of time, please shut up. Let me shop and browse through peacefully, coz I know how to read a Nutrition Facts or such. Then she posted a question, and I didn't understand, so I told her "Ni hui shuo Yingwen (English) ma?" Then she started speaking an absolutely-broken English. Then I told her, I am planning to buy a multivitamins but now I am still comparing prices and such.

Then she was turning impatient.. and asked me "OR you want some medicine to remove the pimples?" OKAY!!! I got some pimples, but this is temporary, only when I got stressed-up with study and those nasty pimples will go away in 1 week time. Don't ask so obvious question can or not??

After I said no, she asked again.. "HOW ABOUT SLIMMING PRODUCTS??"

I felt insulted. FINE! I am fat, if you want to really use Brad Pitt's standard to decide someone is fat or not. I am 70.5 kg and 171 cm, and that's of course slightly overweight. I know how to calculate BMI and even know my own body-fat ratio. So.. I know my own body. If I want to buy slimming products in the future, I will buy it, BUT not now. So, don't need to ask me whether I want to buy slimming products or not. You better take care of your own cellulite problem before caring about my slightly overweight body.

Okay. I am a bit too sensitive today, after having very little rest the day before, preparing for quiz... But definitely! The lady deserves some sales lesson. No need to go to Harvard or Wharton. Any school will teach that.. never never insult your customer. If I, who is a man felt insulted, how about a woman? You try to ask her lah.. "Hey Miss big tummy, you want to buy a slimming product or not?" And please tell me, how it feels to get a good warm tight slap.

No comments: