Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Miracle today

I got a technical test today, one stage of recruitment process to enter one of the companies I applied.

I don't know why, the night before, I couldn't sleep. I think I slept at about 2 a.m. after 1 hour trying to sleep. Too excited maybe? :)

The night before, I set up my alarm at 7. The technical test is at 9 at SMU, so that's just perfect.

I woke up at 8, because one friend called me! By the way, my phone was in silent mode. I am a pig, and I usually don't wake up just because the soft vibration of my phone, which was so far away. I put the phone in the silent mode because usually the table clock is loud enough to make everyone in my block jumping from their bed. However, today, I switched it off without realizing it. Maybe I was just too tired. I believe it's God's plan.. Maybe He wants me to rest longer so my mind is fresher when doing the test.

I took bus to go there, and I arrived there at 9.20. The test began at 9.30, but the registration started at 9 pm. If I woke up 15 minutes later, I am late for the test (of course, you can say, I could just take taxi, but still that experience is so amazing. Like God has already planned everything for me.)

I learned something today. We, humans, are so powerless. We can prepare everything nicely. We can say to ourselves "perfecto!!" However, WHAT IF..

Your table clock runs out battery,
You eat poisonous breakfast that makes your stomach so painful,
Your bus suddenly got some engine problems, and the phone of taxi companies ALL got problems, so you can't contact them.

OK, I am a bit too imaginative, but still, anything can happen. That's why, surrendering ourselves to the higher power (for me, God), is very important.

When the bus driver is so slow, instead of saying "idiot!!", try to think something positive like, "He just want to make our journey safe.."

I think that's the essence of happiness.

2 comments:

Theresia said...

What if the taxi went lost like my taxi when i worked ? :p

Ben said...

went lost? that's interesting! tell me more will ya? :)