Wednesday, October 31, 2007

BSR = Bloggers' Social Responsibility

Ever heard of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)? A lot of companies are doing it, be it underprivileged children’s education support, or action against discrimination. I am not sure whether they are doing it just for the sake of publicity, or truly from their heart, and to be very fair, I am not in the position to judge that.

If a company is doing it, why not us? Our blog may not be as popular as Xiaxue’s, but there must be someone who read our blog, no matter how few they are. We play a role in shaping their mindset, their thinking, and their action. If we write something negative, we influence our readers doing something negative also. It’s a free-speech world I know, but why not use our right for free-speech by doing something positive like kennysia.com? He makes use of his popularity for inspiring people to take part in charity event. May God bless him.

Why complain a lot?? Answer: because everybody complains a lot also!!! It’s not nice to blog about your success, because everybody is basically a jealous creature. They don’t like people to succeed, that makes us feel like a failure. We don’t like people to look smart, that makes us feel like an idiot. There are 1000 good things about NUS, NTU, SMU, National Library, MRT (ours is one of the best in the world), Public Bus, etc, but Why must we spot and blog about one thing that’s not so nice?? Why must we blog about all the bad things about our government, while it’s so clear that our government is one of the smartest and most honest in the world? Why? Why?

I know some of you will think that I am a hypocrite. I AM!! But at least, I know how to be a good hypocrite. I know that I may feel shitty inside, I may not like a person, but I don’t think I need to show it to people that I don’t like them. I SMILE all the time, which makes everyone feels good. Why not blog everything that’s good and encouraging, and leave the shitty part as your private post or keep it as a draft?

No comments: