Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My first experience teaching in a classroom!

I have just come back from teaching bahasa Indonesia - totally tired but completely satisfied.

Yes, this is the first time I teach in a classroom (before this, I gave private tuition). The class is not so big, there are only 9 students in the class... but still that is really a new experience for me, especially when the youngest person in the classroom is the teacher.

How much do I love teaching? It's at least as much as I love chocolate. In my college days, I used to have a whiteboard inside my room, and sometimes, I learned my modules by pretending to teach an imaginary student there :) Then quite often, some of my friends asked me to teach Maths or Physics in my room. I simply LOVE the feeling to be able to share my knowledge. I simply fell in LOVE with teaching at the first sight!

6 years after that, I got the chance to teach in a classroom, and am being paid well. What else could I probably ask?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, i got my first experience in teaching last january, teaching english that is. So.. during my 3 months long holiday, my ex english teacher back there in south borneo asked, whether i want to fill in a 80 minutes english lesson for year 7 kids. I said yeah, why not, i got nothing to do anyway. So, feeling nervous and all, I turned up in a class filled with 30kids, hehehhe. Teaching in indonesian made it easier, but still.. Anyhow, after the first 2 minutes, those nervousness dissappeared, hohoho. In the end, I ended up teaching english on year 7 and 9 for the whole month, i didn't get paid though.
great experience....

Ben said...

hi Ana,
Yup, the first 2 minutes period is the scariest.. i went to toilet 3 times.. however, after that, that just comes easy.
haha..