Wednesday, February 27, 2008

BLOGGERS.. We NEED your opinion!!!

I have been asked by Nanyang Tribune (NTU's newspaper) to write an article regarding "online phenomenon" *clap please.. awww thanks so much :D*

I will be touching on 3 things: blogging, online forum, and audio-video community like youtube.

Anyway.. to make the view more objective and not solely based on whatever inside my head, I NEED your opinion with these questions about blogging (what's better way to know about blogging than asking bloggers?). You don't have to answer all three.


1. What's the main objective of blogging for you? Is it simply bcoz you like to write, or you want to vent out certain feeling? Or ehemm.. monetary reason? Come on.. we don't eat grass, so we all need money. Don't be ashamed to tell me okay?


2. How do you measure your blogging success? is it by the number of visitors.. or about how you can change people's life in certain way? or again EHEMM... money money money?


3. Do you have any interesting experience with your blogging experience? I know someone out there who become a couple bcoz of blogging.. Your experience might not be that extreme, but hey, that's still interesting and we will love to hear that!


Do reach me by commenting on this post or if you have so much to write, you can send it to my E-mail benny.ntu@gmail.com

If you have opinions regarding online forum and/or audio-video community, do feel free to tell me also okay!!!

Thanksssss a million guys!! I will scan the newspaper here after it's published (around end of March)...

If you give me your opinion, I would love to send cutting of that article and mail it to your house free of charge!! With my signature on it and my name card and my close-up photo (I think you will say No, Thanks for the last 3 items but still it's okay to offer something haha...)

9 comments:

Hendri said...

hey congrats on being chosen to write for the tribune! but please... don't write rubbish like some tribune writers do. :P

i might write in when i have the time.... when's the deadline?

Ben said...

Thanks for the congratz, but actually i get the chance to write bcoz my friend is inside there as writer..

Haha.. i think tribune has a long way to go before it can even match Nanyang Chronicle's quality.. but hey, Chronicle is written by SCI students whose command of english is MUCH better in general.. sad sad.

The editor-in-chief asked me to submit before 15 march.. :)

Anonymous said...

ng.. kebetulan baca.. mampir komen deh ;)

1. money? if only i could get money from blogging! hahaha. (selama ini belom pernah tuh) i like writing. dan saya perlu tempat pelampiasan utk nulis semua sampah2 pikiran saya. karena kalo nggak ditulis, rasanya pikiran saya jd penuh banget.

2. hmm. kl saya sih, mengukur kesuksesan lebih dari pendapat dan diskusi yg bisa saya dapat dari apa yg saya tulis. kan bisa menambah wawasan kedua belah pihak. hehehe. jadi mungkin semakin banyak pembaca, semakin banyak komen, saya akan merasa semakin sukses.

3. nope. paling cuma dapet temen baru gara2 blogwalking..

Ben said...

Hi j (u remind me of "L" the movie haha..)

Thanks.. Btw, u can get some money by blogging, but u need to work very hard to get decent income.. that's not my priority though.

Anonymous said...

not that i want to complain, but online comminity is not only focused on blogging and i think all of ur questions are biased toward blogging part.

Ben said...

@anony
I did ask some online forumers for questions related to online forum.. But here bcoz ppl who read r usually bloggers, i ask blogging-related questions... :)

Unknown said...

1. My blog is typically filled with daily activities. In my first year of blogging, it served as my grumbling ground... So that to:
a. Reduce repetitiveness by referring my friends to my blog when they asked me about my days.
b. No innocent victims to suffer my power of complain if they don’t want to.

In second year, I realized the value of the ‘journal’, which helps me to recall those emotions when I read them again. It helps me to compare the old me and the new me as well :)

In my third year, something just seems not right if I don’t blog once in a week :p

2. Blogging success... was mostly measure towards myself. First is by seeing if there is any language improvement throughout the year (hardly any T_T) second by how much memories I can recall when I read back certain entries.

3. Not really much of extraordinary experiences.. but reading other entries helps me to know more about one characteristics... personality... as well as their experiences… which are of my great interest (maybe that’s what being defined as kay poh :p)

Oh yes, your link to Princess Xiaxue blog directed to other blog le :p

Cheers!
Erlin.D

Ben said...

Hi Erlin,
Thanks for the really nice and prompt answer.. hehe...

Yup me too.. i feel something wrong if 1 week or more i dont update my blog.. :P

And also thanks for the notice. I have changed the link.. :)

Anonymous said...

1. What's the main objective of blogging for you?

For me, it'll be the need of:

a) inspiring myself and then hoping to inspire others (if anyone happens to read my postings)

b) writing down what I have in mind that I think will be useful for my future reference

c) sharing my precious experience and all my postings have been acting as a very personal reminder for me. I always look back at them when I need inspiration

I used to keep a daily journal (wrote all my daily activities and experience in a book) when I was in high school. But once I entered Uni, I hardly kept any. Since I discovered this thing called " blogging" (1st in FS), I started pouring all I have in mind electronically:P

2. How do you measure your blogging success? is it by the number of visitors.. or about how you can change people's life in certain way? or again EHEMM... money money money?

I'd say the quantity and quality of the comments I received, either online or offline. I have some friends approached me via msn or directly told me that he/she read my postings and they said it's interesting and inspirational. I'll feel successful whenever they told me they like my writings^_^


3. Do you have any interesting experience with your blogging experience? I know someone out there who become a couple bcoz of blogging.. Your experience might not be that extreme, but hey, that's still interesting and we will love to hear that!

Well, interesting one would be recently, when I posted a SPECIAL writing for Valentine's day and everybody starts nudging me online, discussing about that. It was very extraordinary...hahaha!!!

I also had the experience of a professor telling me that he read my blog. I was very surprised. Hahaha...

Hope this will help as your reference, Ben...

Keep on writing...

Congratz for being selected to write in Tribune. COOL (y)(y)!!


-Sien-