Friday, February 06, 2009

Addicted to Sports

I don't smoke at all (no offence to smokers, but I have been trying so hard to find a reason why people say smoking is cool, but I really can't find any, gomen...).

The only addictions I have are luckily relatively good ones. I used to be addicted to work, and felt so panic when I have nothing to do. And I have just realized one thing.. that I am addicted to playing sports.

I know last time I played badminton to the extreme, playing 6 straight hours from 9 at night to 3 o'clock in the morning, and skipped the 9am class (don't blame me, blame the alarm clock, it didn't shout louder =P).

However, as I get older, fatter, and weaker (Gosh, those three words give me nightmare, can anyone please eliminate those words from English language?), I thought my addiction to playing sports has disappeared. Until today....

I went to gym at 10.30, had a gym session from 10.30 to 12.30 (no gossiping session, as there were only two persons in the gym and the other party was listening to ipod). After that as if I didn't exercise enough, I went to the treadmill machine and started running. I planned to run for 15 minutes, but then I felt SO FREAKING GOOD and decided I would run for another 10 minutes. I got addicted in running and couldn't stop it! Finally I ran for almost 1 hour straight.... and btw, that's after 2 hour of gym session. If my body fat percentage doesn't go down by 2%, God is really being unfair to me.

I almost wanted to take a shower, but the swimming pool outside gym was simply irresistible. I finally decided to swim for some laps, and at the end, I swam for about 1/2 hour. Well, I couldn't say that I am good at swimming. But at least in case of emergency, I can swim for 1/2 hour before some people notice that I am too cute to be left sunk. *wink*

Btw, talking about sports, if you are NTU students or alumni.. or simply anyone (can't find person who doesn't belong to this category =D), don't forget to come to NTU International Games 2009 Opening ceremony tomorrow (7th Feb 2009). There will be two cute emcees (one of those is me =P), lucky draw, and most importantly, lots and lots and lots of fun. The venue is NTU Sports and Recreation Centre (SRC), at 830am sharp.

See you there!

No comments: