Tuesday, February 17, 2009

13 Hours

Everything is ready. Clothes, books, toiletries, documents, shoes (Gosh, I don't know that I have 7 pairs of shoes). Total packing time: 5 hours.


When I go for a short few-days trip, I just need 2 hours max to pack up my stuffs, and to move from one country to another, yes, 5 hours - that's all I need :)


By this time tomorrow, I will be on the way from Bangkok to Guang Zhou, no sleep tonight. I hope the placement test doesn't take place tomorrow because that would mean I will perform way below my standard due to the lack of sleep (I mean, no sleep at all). However, if that's the case, I would rely on my trusted friend - Red Bull (don't know what they call it in China.)


This morning, I had a short walk around my house and felt that Singapore is very beautiful. I know I am being biased - we think something is so good when we are about to lose it or already lost it (Ever seen someone being accused and blamed at their funeral?)


This has been a wonderful 5 years, in a small country I now already call "home".

7 comments:

Theresia said...

red bull - hong niu (红牛) :p
all the best in china

Ben said...

haha really? :P

Thanks, all the best for you too! :)

Anonymous said...

you're on the plane as I'm writing this. Good luck. All the best (I know this sounds boring). So well, hmm..dont eat too much. Don't become filthy like those chinese people. Don't spit in public. Do exercise regularly (so you dont become YUPPIE gummy snake). And please please please stay the same (read: bitchy). Forever. Always. Come home to sg soon.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

hey are you going to china for long? what are you doing there? thought ur a banker at uob?

Ben said...

@Tika
Thanks!!! Hehe noted :D

@Anony
I resigned le :)

Anonymous said...

hello, its me again. Mind sharing why you resigned? i've always wanted to be a banker but feel that the timing is not right currently. :(

zenis said...

nice blog. thx