Thursday, February 12, 2009

6 days

Oh My God, by this time 6 days from now, I will be transiting in Bangkok while waiting for the next day's flight to Guang Zhou. It's hard to leave Singapore, a place which I have called "home" for the past 5 years. It's indeed very very hard.

However, as Brad Pitt said in his movie, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, our life is defined by its opportunities, including the ones we missed. I don't want 15 years from now, looking back at this opportunity and regretting not to take it up.


People call it "culture shock" not without reasons. There will be lots of differences between Singapore and Guang Zhou, and someone like me who speaks limited Mandarin will need to struggle to survive, but well, I know myself too well. If a newspaper commissions me to go to The Middle East to report a war there, I can fly there as early as tonight. That's how fearless I am.


OK, wish me all the best and miss me like crazy :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you moving there permanently? school/work related? all the best ya :)

Ben said...

cuman 6months sih, study. Tapi siapa tahu jadi kepengen tinggal disana terus hahaha.. who knows :)

georgeandthedragon said...

Or who knows, you'll get attached to a nice fatty out there. Cross my fingers. Good luck. Visit Singapore in June!!!!