Thursday, March 27, 2008

Short Story: Rose, My Rose

I met her one month before I was 18, and she was 20. My birthday is on 6 April, and hers, 7 April.

And yes, I love older women. They are sexier and more knowledgeable.

We have a common friend whose birthday is on 5 March, and we just planned to go to the party together. I was single back then, and she had just broken up with her boyfriend.

"Do I look fat in this dress?" She asked me.

"No, you look.. ehmm... okayy..!" I told her. Yes, it's not my type to praise a girl, maybe that's why I am not popular among girls.

"What do you mean by okay?"

"Ohh... okay means, you are presentable... "

"Hmm... I see. Maybe this dress is too simple for me." She was trying to go upstair again to change her dress. Oh Shit I thought, it's going to be forever.

"NOOO... You look perfect, you are just beautiful."

Then her eyes turned SOOO BIG like she saw 1 million dollars, no, 1 billion.

"REALLY??? Thanks, you are so sweet."

GF101 Lesson number 1: Girls like to be praised.


Anyway, who cares. What I cared is ... we were late. That's all.


After the party, people started to gossip whether we were an item. Okay, she is beautiful with a bit of make-up, not the smartest person on earth but she is not going to open her mouth to say "Is Europe a country?" like Catherine McPhee or "I have been to London but never been to England" like Paris Hilton, and the best part is... she is low maintenance. You see, as a student, I don't have 2,000 dollars per-month to buy her cosmetics, to have dinner at expensive restaurant, or such. I am a student, and that word explains everything.

Yup, and finally, we were really together. No party, no expensive dinner, just signing a contract...

I, Benny Pandowo, hereby will treat Rose Edward with respect, love, care, and justice.

I, Rose Edward, hereby will treat Benny Pandowo with respect, love, care, and justice.

I know, the word "justice" seems inappropriate, but that's not my choice (so we know whose.)

We were dating like normal couple. Calling, cuddling, sitting together, eating together, giving each other a morning call, so normal, nothing special.

And as we had all predicted, we were b.o.r.e.d


GF101 Lesson number 2: In a relationship, doing the same thing all the time just won't do the job.

We finally asked each other, do you still love me. Of course I DID. She has been my other half for so long and I can't imagine having to live without her, like the song "Can't live without you!" ... I mean, I can live without you of course, but that just doesn't seem to be very nice. Got it?

She started to write in her blog... "Am I with the wrong person." and "I am getting tired. This relationship is going nowhere." And we started to think that calling each other is a waste of time, money, effort, and energy.

Until one day, we made a consensus, we were gonna take a break for... 15 minutes. No, I mean 15 days. If nothing seems to be different during those days, it means, there's no point to continue this relationship, and we promised to each other that we were going to be very honest with our feeling.

Day 3: I wrote in my MSN nick "No girl, no problem!" and she said "I am FREEEEEEEEEE..."

Day 5: I wrote a joke in my blog "7 reasons why having cats is better than having a girlfriend." and she wrote in her blog "I used to think that lesbians are hopeless, but now I can understand why. "

I MISSED her like crazy, but I am a guy, and guys have high pride. So I remained silent.

Day 9: She wrote in her MSN nick "6 days to go for real happiness" and I wrote in mine "whatever..."

I was getting mad... She is too much! I can't afford to lose her!

Day 14: She wrote in her friendster shoutbox "I was lying" and I wrote in mine "God has forgiven you. Go and don't sin anymore."

Day 15: ...

I was on the way to go to my class, but I felt a very strong urge to open my mailbox.... and I found a letter.

Dear Benny,
I am dying. I used to think we are not meant to be a couple. But just to let you know, I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU. Not a single day. I love you so much.

Love, kiss, hug
Rose

And I saw the date... 25 March 2006, means, just 5 days after our break period! I called her and we burst on tears... on the phone.

It was 6 April 2006. That's the best birthday present I have ever received in my whole life. I was 22 back then, and she was 24, minus 1 day.


GF101 Lesson number 3: Girls can be noisy, demanding, irritating, unreasonable, or anything... but we guys still love them anyway.

It has been 5 years after our marriage, and every time I told her "I need a break.", She said "Let's see how long can it be.. " and she is right, I absolutely can't live without her.

- The End -




Disclaimer:
In real life, the author is not married, yet. He is going to be 22 soon, more handsome than ever, (sadly) still single and sometimes available :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shit man.. I really thought that was your story...