Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Perfect Marriage

What would be your perfect wedding? That's the question that a lot of us have been asking ourselves. Of course, in every survey, some places like luxurious ship and 5-star-hotel will be most likely to come out as favourite answer. Those places are definitely great, and for me, I won't settle for a wedding place less than Paris or Venice (Italy).

However, today, when I saw a wedding in my church, my heart beat really, really fast. My church is a small and humble church in the west side of Singapore. You won't see world-class choir there. But still, I can feel a sense of serenity in the place. For wedding, one of the most important events someone would ever experience, what's the most suitable place other than a church? I mean, marriage is once for a lifetime (at least according to Catholic Church), so, in my opinion, church deserves to be the number-one wedding place. Of course, you can always travel to Paris or Venice for your honey-moon place.

And I will definitely long to see myself to be pledging my marriage vows:

"To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part."

And a beautiful woman who is absolutely in love with me, who will soon be my wife smiling at me, and we will kiss each other.

So sweet isn't that? Dare you tell me your heart doesn't beat faster! :)

No comments: