Thursday, January 22, 2009

Negotiation skill is an art

Sometimes I think that I am blessed with excellent negotiation skill ("blessed" is a humble way to say it, in fact, I worked on it for years.)

From free spa voucher to over $120,000 of sponsorship money, from going to eating place I want to flexible working hours. The most recent one is when I asked for additional gold medals for a competition I join (from 8 medals to 18, what I need is ONE E-mail, that's it =))

I get them all. I get almost everything I want, exactly the way I want them. What I need to do is just asking (everything is just a wink away =D).


Some people call it manipulation, but I beg to differ. I think negotiation skill is not the same as manipulation. It's a fine art. It's giving people what they want in exchange with what we want. People want to feel good (through recognition, praise, etc) and in the same time, they are afraid to appear stupid and powerless.

And that makes me totally irresistible *wink*

No comments: