Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A Cuppa Earl Grey Tea in The Morning

I used to think that in life, there are only 2 options:
- I get what I want by default
- I get what I want by effort

You know the similarity? Yup, I get what I want, exactly the way I want it. When? When I want it.

However, as I grow older, I realize one thing.

Sometimes in life we need to wait. Success doesn't come overnight, character is not built in one day, and love doesn't grow in one or two movie sessions.

Sometimes we wait and wait and wait, and nothing happens. That's called fate my friend. We are just not meant to have that thing, and that's okay. When we look back, don't you realize... How much have we grown in strength and personality as the result of waiting? For me, that's a lot. A LOT. A LOT.

*Thanks to some of the people in my past, I now believe that BITCHES do exist, thanks to you*

Quoting Steve Jobs, life can only be understood backwards, but it can be done only forwards. How true is that?


For me at the moment, as part of my New Year's resolution, I want to listen to my inner voice more. Sometimes, somehow I already know that something shouldn't be done and when I did that, my inner voice shouted, cried, and objected. However, I still did it. I was not happy after doing that thing. I think God (or whatever your higher power is) has already put that inner voice to guide us, to do "supposed to be the right thing", and we might end up doing the right thing (or probably not).

But don't you realize, when we follow our heart, we are happier?

No comments: