Thursday, November 15, 2007

My View on NTU Mass Comm students' project - Why Destructive Comments KILL



I saw a very nice song by NTU Mass Communication students for their project. Creative, fun, fresh, funny. Good-looking models. The gal is not as pretty as Xiaxue (+make up + photoshop), but the guy is definitely better looking than Steven Lim. Anyway, that’s not the main point :P


However, something bothering me. The comments are so destructive.




Seriously, I think whoever wrote those comments need a lesson or two in courtesy. I think you are liabilities for your community, wherever you are. Comments like that are not only upsetting, they KILL creativity. Please put yourself in the students’ shoes, what will you feel if you have put days to make the video, and someone comments “lousy!”, “really bad.” GIMME A BREAK!! That song won’t win Grammy I know, but if you can’t give constructive comment, for goodness sake, SHUT UP!


If you think the video is lousy, please state WHY. Give constructive feedback, I am sure the students will welcome it. Or better still, make your own video and see whether you can make a better one. I won’t be surprised if your video is as shitty as your comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly, loads of childish people there. I dont see *them* doing anything about it. Besides they are all 'anonymous cowards' too scared of leaving their real identities.

Anyway,I didnt think that the comments justified the video. It was a pretty neat effort :-)

Anonymous said...

lol thats why maybe the girls are right.. singaporean onli noes how to complain.. but then again perhaps the critics are ppl who dun understand the local slang thus they didn't find it to be amusing at all..

what a cheeky comment u haf =P
xiaxue +make-up+photoshop? ROFL
and the steven lim thingy? lol i do think so.. the guy looks way better -.~