Sunday, March 18, 2007

I and My Fake SmileS

"Smiling to people you meet. Maybe that's the only sunshine they receive for the whole day."

I understand that quote very well. In fact, long before I even knew that such quote exists, I have been practicing that all the time.

Some of my friends pointed out to me. IS MY SMILE REAL? AM I REALLY HAPPY ALL THE TIME?

I can say, yes, I always have a good time (and if i really do, i will be approaching Saint or whatever they call for someone who has received enlightenment)

However, because this blog is my truly best friend, I want to be honest. I guess, about 60 to 70 percent of my smiles ARE FAKE. I am stating the fact.

There are good times in my life, there are bad times also. I am no better than average people out there. However, I ve been trying to show my good times to everyone, and keep my sad and anger within myself.

No matter what I experienced, I want to look happy, strong, and problem-free all the time. I can be very stressful but I will never ever show that to people. I can be very sad, and by that time, I will practice one of my best skills, my ability to fake my smile. Sometimes I can only sleep for 3 or 4 hours, but still look very fresh.

Come on! Noone likes pale, sad, or angry face. Fake it man! Fake it!

And by the way, I am very proud with that skill, really.

1 comment:

Theresia said...

everybody have their own opinion and frankly I admire your skill to always look happy. I think life nowadays is about putting mask :p

It seems that the older we get the less expressive we become. I do not know but growing up as Asian, I think all of us are forced to only show good side of us and be less expressive.

This is one of the lesson that I got from are you okay though