Sunday, August 24, 2008

I gotta have faith!!!

First of all, thanks so much for being one of my readers. I know, that's not the most prestigious title in the world, but still it's worth mentioning :)

It's very touching when I saw my blog statistics. Over 1000 readers last week! That's not even among the highest, and to be frank, it's not that important.

I want to touch lives in whatever way I can. I am not a Saint, 1000 miles from that. But I try to live my life to the fullest. Because we simply don't know what will happen tomorrow. So my advice, live everyday in your life as if it's the last day. If you die tomorrow, and God ask you...



"Are you satisfied with your life?"



I hope you will answer: "God, good question! My life is just perfect."

Nothing is perfect in this world. My life is nothing =P




OKAY, let me stop being so philosophical.

Yesterday, I took an exam which is part of the required exams for my job. I studied hard for the exam. Well, as someone who has little business and finance background, I was struggling. But thank God for giving me such a positive attitude to never give up.

And there I was, ready to go for the exam. HOWEVER.... I couldn't find my passport. GOSH. I searched around for about 20 minutes, but still couldn't find it!!! I know I have many choices:

1. To take the exam another time. Afterall I was not very prepared. Even if I take the exam now, I am not sure if I can pass.
2. To cry and blame God for "placing" my passport in an undeserving place.
2. To go to the exam hall, make a good confession, and bear the consequences.

I chose the last choice.

They let me do the exam but they will suppress the result until I bring my passport.

My colleagues asked me...



"Ben, so you will leave the room without knowing the result??"

"Ben, I pity you. You can't enjoy the weekend because you haven't known the result."




Thanks for the concern, but I think I am enjoying my weekend. If you ask me whether I am confident to pass, I will confidently say.. I am not.


But I know one thing. In life, you gotta have faith. When everything else fails, there are even more reasons to have faith.



I believe everything is going to be alright. I have faith.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool....gd luck in ur xam

blog more abt ur job leh.... i want to hear more from people working in this industry

and... u got 1000+ readers! mine dont even have 500 for last week :(

Ben said...

hi zhane..
yup i will post more about my job.. :)

No worries, it's not how many people visit ur blog.. it's how many people feel better after visiting your blog :)

Anonymous said...

I pity your friends who said, "Ben, I pity you. You can't enjoy the weekend because you haven't known the result."

It is so so sad, to let a simple exam to cause one to not be able to enjoy life.